Christian Theune wrote:
But changing APIs is what we do, and what we probably have to do, and
probably keep doing.

I would prefer to see as much of this as possible turned into the past tense...

However, I think, we need to get much more careful
with it and maybe we can try harder keeping existing APIs around,

although we find better ways to spell/implement/dress them.

-lots - once a large base of people is actually using something, this is just counterproductive even if the "latest and greatest" is seen as being aesthetically pleasing...