Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
i have a small problem using pydoc to look at the Zope3 source, namely zope.proxy and modules where zope.proxy is included:

running "pydoc2.4 zope.proxy" or "pydoc2.4 zope.proxy._zope_proxy_proxy" from the shell yields

problem in zope.component - ImportError: /path/to/Zope3/src/zope/proxy/_zope_proxy_proxy.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

Sorry, my fault -- its been different python versions that created the problem (thanks to baijum for pointing this out in IRC), i should have looked closer.

Anyway, using the right paths i get back to where i initially started: the package information is not displayed for several packages

pydoc displays package information on zope.proxy, zope.component, zope.interface for example like this:

Help on package zope.component in zope:

zope.component = <module 'zope.component' from '/path/to/Zope3/src/zope/component/__init__.pyc'

I'd really like to make Zope3 code look good and complete from pydoc.

Thanks for your hints again