On Friday 08 September 2006 04:12, yuppie wrote:
> Are there good reasons why these changes were not backported?
> I volunteer to backport some fixes I'm missing in Zope 3.2, but that's
> no general solution for keeping the current stable branch maintained.

The short answer is: We are a bit sloppy. I always develop against the trunk,
so when I fix an issue, I do not event think about porting it back to another
release, other when one is imminent, like Zope 3.3 now. I think most other
Zope 3 developers are the same.

Overall, I would really like to find a person for each release being
responsible for backporting bug fixes. It would be a relatively easy way to
contribute to Zope 3.

Stephan Richter