Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
Anyway, using the right paths i get back to where i initially started: the package information is not displayed for several packages

pydoc displays package information on zope.proxy, zope.component, zope.interface for example like this:

Help on package zope.component in zope:

zope.component = <module 'zope.component' from '/path/to/Zope3/src/zope/component/__init__.pyc'

I'd really like to make Zope3 code look good and complete from pydoc.

Actually what makes pydoc display this instead of the package listing is
an AttributeError thrown:
AttributeError: 'Provides' object has no attribute '__name__'

Adding the name attribute to zope.interface.declarations.Provides
makes the Exception go away and renders the pydoc docs correctly.

I wonder if this is the right way to go or if the __name__ attribute was omitted by design.

Thanks for looking into this