On Sep 13, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 11:02, Florent Xicluna wrote:
Currently, I work with 3.3 branch for my company. I checked out the trunk
too, in order to collaborate to Zope development.
So I have both '/trunk' and '/branches/3.3/' on my computer. When I prepare a fix I do it on the 3.3 branch, I make unit/functional tests. Then I do
manual tests on my sandbox, and I commit to the branch.
Later I merge to the trunk, do unit/functional tests again and commit to
the trunk.
This is acceptable workload for me.

I work this way too. We develop against the trunk. And I always make a
writable checkout. When I fix a bug, I will always do this on the trunk first, because I need to make sure that my customer code really works after
the fix. It is not sensible for me to fix other branches first.

I could live with the policy of also supporting two release branches, but I would prefer only having to worry about one. BTW, a pain-easing script for
merging would come a long way, in my opinion.

We should be using svnmerge. I looked at it and even contributed to it a year or two ago. It wasn't mature enough for our needs at the time, but I suspect it probably is now and would probably help a lot.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714