On Sep 16, 2006, at 5:02 AM, Christian Theune wrote:
*If* someone else had that problem too, I'd propose to change away from
the fallback of using zope.conf.in (we force people to create the
principals too, don't we?)

This problem hasn't happened very often. I would find having to copy the .in files to be very annoying unless it was automated in some way. Early on, the .in files were changing often enough that you really didn't want to make a
copy of them as you'd miss changes.

I'm for leaving things the way they are for now. A change I'd like to see instead, later, is to require people to create an instance, possibly as part of the building process. I'd rather not invest time in that, however, until we have an egg- based checkout/distribution

CTO                             (540) 361-1714