On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:05 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

The SVN tag names are bit confusing an inconsistent.

The tagname for the ZODB release used for Zope 3.3.0rc1 is '3.7- Zope-3.3.0rc1'. Since we want to use the same release for Zope 2.10.0rc1 I don't like that Zope 3.3 appears within in the tag name. I would appreciate it if we could stick with the same naming schema as in the past for ZODB (without X Zope specific information).

Me too, however, I don't think that ZODB 3.7 is ready for an independent release. It doesn't work with Python 2.3 and I don't have time to fix it anytime soon.

In retrospect, I wish we'd used ZODB 3.6 for Zope 3.3 and 2.11 but it's too late to change that.

The Zope 3.3.0rc1 tag is '3.3.0c1'. The ZODB tag uses 'rc' and I would appreciate if we could use either 'c' for the release candidate or 'rc'

My mistake.  Feel free to rename the ZODB tag to use c1.

but not both and not mixed for the same version. My personal preference is 'rc'.

My preference is c1.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714