On Sep 18, 2006, at 7:33 AM, Rocky Burt wrote:

On Mon, 2006-18-09 at 07:13 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:05 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
but not both and not mixed for the same version. My personal
preference is 'rc'.

My preference is c1.

Not to be picky here, but using just 'c' I know of plenty of versioning schemas that use 1.0a, 1.0b, 1.0c, etc to represent bug releases. With
'rc' it doesn't conflict with any known versioning schemes that I'm
aware of.

It conflicts with the versioning scheme used by setuptools, which would consider rc1 be a post-release, rather than a pre-release tag. Also, Python release candidate and most previous Zope 2 and Zope 3 release candidates used just the c.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714