On Sep 20, 2006, at 1:48 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

Hi All,

I'm interested in having persistent objects be event subscribers.

I can't quite get my head around why this is a bad thing to aim for, but that's the vibe I get, can anyone enlighten?

It isn't at the most basic level. Security gets rather difficult if you let non-fully-trusted people create subscribers.

We already have persistent subscribers now, in a round about way. There are global subscribers whos job it is to notify utilities of certain events, making those utilities effective subscribers.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714