On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Thursday 21 September 2006 09:15, Tres Seaver wrote:
I've wanted it. My major beef with the way we are *using* ZCML now is that we expect package authors to provide policy-laden configuration for their packages ("sensible defaults") but provide no means for the admin to reuse that configuration selectively; their only realy choice is to
*copy* the configuration and edit it.

This has been proposed and approved, but implementation has been delayed due
to missing XPath features.

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ ZCMLEnhancements

I have a feeling that xpath is overkill. It alsoi won't work for actions defined in Python.

I'd rather see some sort of identifier system. So, when actions are created, they can have identifiers or properties or something that can be used to filter them out.

Any proposal for this, IMO should have a number of well-documented examples.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714