On Thursday 21 September 2006 11:52, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I have a feeling that xpath is overkill.

I still think that for ZCML XPath is a good approach. People are familiar with
it and our designers could just use it presumably.

> It alsoi won't work for actions defined in Python.

I think this is a non-use-case until we have a story (accepted proposal and
implementation) for Python actions. Don't anticipate. ;-)

> I'd rather see some sort of identifier system.  So, when actions are
> created, they can have identifiers or properties or something that
> can be used to filter them out.

The nice thing with XML and XPath is that we already have those identifiers
and a standard way to address them.

Stephan Richter