Fred Drake wrote:
On 9/22/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Right. Or in old-skool distutils world, you can use a setup.cfg file:

Oddly, the setup.cfg file is not used as a source for much of the
metadata passed to the setup() function, AFAICT.  The documented
structure certainly suggests that only arguments to specific commands
can be represented in that file.

See, I know I shouldn't have used my half-baked knowledge on distutils here ;).

Actually, I was recently told that one of the advantages of JARs are that the META-INF data is actually more easily read and written than the EGG-INFO stuff. Again, I'm pretending not to know much here ;)