Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:
Uh, why are we parsing the entries file?
To get the current revision of the Zope 3 checkout...

Why not use svn info --xml?

or even just "svn info"...

I think we (Christian Theune and I) chose to poke at CVS/Tag and .svn/entries later because you may not know where the cvs/svn executable is installed (it may not be on your $PATH).

Ugh, it was me. I switched ZopeVersion from CSV to SVN, moreover the first revision (25322) used 're' module to parse .svn/entries and later (41452) has been switched to use 'xml.dom.minidom'. I think extract information from .svn/entries is more safe way than use svn info/svnversion but however it require more maintaining effort. So I'll change the parser to make it more robust if no one objects.

Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at