Wichert Akkerman wrote:
Previously Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:
Ugh, it was me. I switched ZopeVersion from CSV to SVN, moreover the first revision (25322) used 're' module to parse .svn/entries and later (41452) has been switched to use 'xml.dom.minidom'. I think extract information from .svn/entries is more safe way than use svn info/svnversion but however it require more maintaining effort. So I'll change the parser to make it more robust if no one objects.

I would suggest using svnversion first if that exists, and possibly
doing a fallback to parsing things by hand. The output of svnversion is
much more accurate than a single revision number.

Current implementation of ZopeVersion also extracts tag/branch information so I guess it's better to use 'svn info' instead of 'svnversion'.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
    http://hlabs.spb.ru