On Sep 25, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
  It would *also* require that we
implement the "no side-effects during parsing" policy (my other favorite
"dead horse" in arguments about ZCML's implementation / usage).
Beat away. :) I've been in favor of this for some time. This is definitely a goal.

Can we have a papal edict that zcml that has side effects is a bug?
(including the dotted name thing...)

No, but I'm definitely in favor of refactoring existing handlers so they do pretty much all of their work in the actions they generate.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org