Jim Fulton wrote:
I definately want to make it possible for people to specify actions in Python.

Me too :-)

Not necessarily. actions already have discriminators which are, essentially ids.

How do they work? Where can I see examples?

What's needed is a way of assigning ids to directives, mainly subscriber definitions, that don't have discriminators.

Oh, so some directives have descriminators and others don't?

I also think it would be useful to be able to assign ids to groups of configuration to make it easier to disable a collection of things that go together.

Yep. Would that cover the devmode use case and allow the deprecation of the crazy "condition" stuff? ;-)

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk