Brian Sutherland wrote:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 11:08:54AM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Stephan Richter wrote:
On Tuesday 26 September 2006 04:14, Baiju M wrote:
            Can we change `ClientForm` from a file based module
to a package.  So that others can set it as svn:external (Zope 2 ?)
Let me do it in trunk?
No, we are not maintaining ClientForm, so we do not have this freedom.
I don't understand this. Turning it into a package would just mean moving to ClientForm/, right?

Yeah, and will break the zope3 zpkg setup

That'd be easily fixed.

and Debian packages.

I assumed they would not include but simply depend on it via dpkg?

Just please don't back-port this.

Of course not.

In either case, I would much prefer if we could just depend on it via eggs.

+100 (But again, only on trunk.)

Yup. I really think buildout-ifying the Zope 3 checkout is the way to go, especially because it would also mean we could get rid of our vendor imports of 3rd party stuff and simply depend on them via setuptools. Not entirely sure what an installation package of Zope 3 will then look like, but I assume that it will be similar to a checkout (except for development eggs): You'd download a bootstrap script that installs everything into a specified location (where "everything") are eggs that are either part of the distribution or will be loaded from the