On Sep 26, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:

Chris Withers wrote:
Hi All,

Just been wondering about the need to retrofit:

notify(ObjectModifiedEvent(self))

...into lots of code. Can we do anything less intrusive?

I mean, if a non-Zope object has changed, why should it have to think
about emitting events?

I would say that, in general, "view code" should be emitting the events,
rather than content objects.

In any case, could we do anything clever to do with event emitting when
objects are committed to the zodb?

No.

Agreed.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org