On Sep 27, 2006, at 2:43 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
Oh, so some directives have descriminators and others don't?
Yes. Most do. Soe don't because they don't create actions that conflict with anything else.

Ah, OK. Would it cause any problems to have all actions generate descriminators and only use them for conflict checking for actions that should do so?

That's pretty much what I suggested. The whole point of discriminators was conflict detection. That is why I suggested extending actions to support identifiers that could be used for overriding or disabling even for actions (or groups of actions) that don't otherwise conflict. This id scheme would leverage discriminators when present.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org