Martijn Faassen wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Christian Theune wrote:

Baiju M wrote:
  What is the target Python version for Zope 3.4, is it Python 2.5?

Right now it's still Python 2.4, as Zope 3.4 is scheduled for next year,
we should consider using Python 2.5 though.

We should definitely try to *support* Python 2.5, but we can't require it till Zope 2 has been "certified" for it.

I don't think we should commit to any official support for more than 1 Python version for a particular Zope. So either we certify Zope 2.11 for Python 2.5, or we stick to Python 2.4.

Fine by me.

My preference would be to get Zope 2.11 up to speed.

If you're willing to do it :).

The last time this was discussed with Jim, the idea was to try to use
Zope 3's security proxy approach in Zope 2 for Python Script security
- Jim and I had some ideas I need to dredge up from the back of my

That would of course be a great idea. Death to guarded_getattr!