Baiju M wrote:
On 9/29/06, Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's going to be a significant investment of work to make sure
everything works with Python 2.5. Either someone credible steps up,
convinces us, and does the work, and we all move over to Python 2.5. If
they don't, we do it the next cycle.

Initially I asked this question just out of curiosity, because some other
Python web frameworks already started some efforts [1].

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2771
    http://trac.turbogears.org/turbogears/wiki/python2.5

It's a good question, of course. We have a *lot* of code to carry over to Python 2.5 though. Zope 3 is probably doable with moderate effort, but since we want to keep Zope 3 and Zope 2 in synch, we also need to port over Zope 2 to Python 2.5, and that looks like it's going to be much harder.

Regards,

Martijn