Martijn Faassen wrote:
Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 09:38:21AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
| | Here are some quick Trac questions. My impression is that track projects
| need to be set up as separate applications and that separate projects
| can't be set up through the web. Is this right?

All of that is true AFAICT.

| Does trac have any notion
| of sub-projects that would allow smallter efforts (e.g. zope.interface)
| to have their own collectors without creating separate trac installations?

Not that I know of. You also can't move issues between trac
installations.

Hm, I saw a trac site before that seemed to have subprojects. I wonder how they did it.

okay, a quick scan of docs shows that:

* a single trac install can work for multiple subprojects (Documentation says: Only one installation is required, then for each project create an Environment (using trac-admin <fooproj> initenv). They will be separate projects, all handled by the same installation of Trac.)

* but sharing information between subprojects is not yet supported. (Documentation says: Note: Right now there is no support for sharing information between projects.)

They have plans to make this work better post Trac 1.0:

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracMultipleProjects

Their trac roadmap (indicated in Trac :) makes this look a while off yet, though..

Regards,

Martijn