Adam Groszer wrote:
Hello Martijn,

I actually reported this issue for Zope 3.2.1 earlier this week. It's
very unfortunate that Zope 3.2.2 went out of the door shortly afterward
without a fix for this. :( I see you found the issue too:

The 3.2.2 win32 isn't there yet just the tgz. I'm scratching my head, what to
do.
After Baiju and
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-users/2006-September/004415.html
I can comment out the formatter line.
That would solve it. But is it the right solution?

I just created Zope 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 instances on Mac OS X. There, zope.conf does NOT contain any formatter lines. The formatter line is, however, present in 3.3.x.

I'm suspecting that Adam, who built the 3.2.x releases, was executing the wrong command when building the tarball, because zope.conf.in on the 3.2.x branch doesn't contain the formatter line. It's zope.conf.in on the 3.3.x branch that does.

http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/MakingARelease says you should be making a tarball with

    ../../zpkgtools/bin/zpkg -r Zope-3.3.0b1 -C Zope.cfg Zope

but of course you need to replace Zope-3.3.0b1 with the current tag (which is 3.2.2). My suspicion is that Adam forgot to do that and so he built a tarball of 3.2.2, but with zopeskel from 3.3.x.

Philipp