Tres Seaver wrote:

There is one case where calling an interface isn't equivalent to get/queryAdapter. If you want to supply a context argument to specify a different place to look up adapters, you can't pass it to the interface. This is an extreme edge case. I know of no place in the
Zope 3 tree where this is needed, but it is something we want to
allow. I propose to provide new functions: getSpecialAdapter and
querySpecialAdapter. These functions will require a context to be
specified and will return the object if it provides the requested
interface and will use __conform__ if it conforms to the interface.

How about 'getAdapterInContext' and 'queryAdapterInContext', instead?

OK. That's better,

Thanks.

The change is checked in BTW.

Jim