Hi Paul,

Paul Winkler wrote:
But this conflicts with third parties being able to deliver bytecode
instead of source, which is a standard python feature (if not common in
the zope world). Since we can't tell the difference between "stale" and
"we never had source in the first place", deleting bytecode is arguably
surprising and overly invasive.

It's arguably surprising and overly annoying not to ship the source, but I guess that's eGenix' choice...

I guess it comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils.  Which is
worse? Confusing test errors caused by stale bytecode, or a test run
having the power to break your instance with the default options?
I don't see a third path.

I do ;-)

What if we let the test runner suck a list of .pyc files not to delete from somewhere?

Where should we suck this list from?

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk