Jim Fulton wrote:
A layer is simply an object that has __module__, __name__, and __bases__
attributes and that has setUp and tearDown methods.  That's it.  You
can achieve that any way you want.  I regret the use of the __bases__
attribute.  It would have been better if I had left it up to layer
implementations to call base layers, rather than having the test runner call
them automatically.  It was a bad automation tradeoff.

Is it too late to add an explicit Layer class to zope.testing that deals with this properly rather than confusing n00bs like me?

(even if it does involve some BBB if/then/else'ing in testrunner.py...)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk