On Mon, 2006-23-10 at 06:48 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
> > On 10/22/06, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I've created a small proposal to add egg support to zope.configuration:
> >>
> >>    http://zope3.zwiki.org/ZopeConfigurationEggSupport
> >
> > Shouldn't the egg work as a package, so that you still can use the
> > package attribute?
>
> If an egg installs a package and if the package isn't a namespace
> package, and if the egg isn't zipped, then yes, the package mechanism
> will work.

Yeah I have to admit I'm a little confused here as well.  I thought the
promise of eggs was that whatever's contained within ... as long as the
egg is on the PYTHONPATH ... would automatically have it's packages made
available for import.  Seems strange to have to differentiate between
"regular" packages and egg-available packages.  Perhaps I'm expecting
too much from eggs... having been spoiled by jars.

Does the API which provides egg support have anything like this?
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/ClassLoader.html#getResource(java.lang.String)

If so, I would expect the ZCML loading mechanism to simply use that when
looking for zcml files.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt