Resending; something went wrong along the way...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fred Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 23, 2006 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Zope Configuration Egg Support
To: Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Rocky Burt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Zope 3 Development <zope3-dev@zope.org>

On 10/23/06, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Perhaps we should change the package option so that it uses the pkg_resources
API to load ZCML files from packages.  There are still cases where egg !=
package
that would need to be addressed specifically.

There's this draft proposal; I guess it's time for me to finish this:

   http://zope3.zwiki.org/ZIPImportSupportForZope3

This reflects work I did at the Goldegg packaging sprint in San Jose.
The changes from the branch should be easy to move forward if people
agree that it's a reasonable approach.  It offers the advantages that
1) there's already code, with tests, and 2) it works with all imports
from ZIP files, not just eggs.

 -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca