Rocky Burt wrote:
On Mon, 2006-23-10 at 10:28 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
Fred Drake wrote:
There's this draft proposal; I guess it's time for me to finish this:

   http://zope3.zwiki.org/ZIPImportSupportForZope3

Can I ask why Zope needs it's own api for this and we don't just use
pkg_resources?  Loading files from arbitrary zip files is handled by
python's builtin zip api, no?  The rest appropriate stuff we should be
able to get from pkg_resources.

If pkg_resources has obvious fallacies, perhaps we should communicate
with the author to address these?

I assume that this is directed at Fred and the ZIPImportSupportForZope3.

Fred, is there any reason not to change this to use pkg_resources?

Jim