Baiju M wrote:
On 10/29/06, Benji York <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm really glad to see so much work being done on eggification, but am a
little concerned as to the mechanics.   I'm worried that if dozens of
packages are separated out before they are actually knit into Zope
proper, we'll get drift between the two.

It would seem to make more sense to eggify one or a few packages and get
them properly working in the core, and then go from there.

zope.fssync and some other packages are not distributed with Zope 3.

That doesn't answer my question, for two reasons. There are still duplicate copies of the code. I suspect we should be removing the code from the core tree as the packages are separated out (of course we have to have a story for people who use those packages from the trunk first).

Also, there are several packages that have been copied that /are/ included in the core.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation