Tres Seaver wrote:

Benji York wrote:
Baiju M wrote:
On 10/29/06, Benji York <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm really glad to see so much work being done on eggification, but am a
little concerned as to the mechanics.   I'm worried that if dozens of
packages are separated out before they are actually knit into Zope
proper, we'll get drift between the two.

It would seem to make more sense to eggify one or a few packages and get
them properly working in the core, and then go from there.
zope.fssync and some other packages are not distributed with Zope 3.
That doesn't answer my question, for two reasons.  There are still
duplicate copies of the code.  I suspect we should be removing the code
from the core tree as the packages are separated out (of course we have
to have a story for people who use those packages from the trunk first).

Leave an 'svn:external' behind to the new location, perhaps with a
'DEPRECATED.txt' file stating when the external would go away?

That's fine with me. I'm not debating how it should be done, just that /some/ migration planning should be done. I don't see any evidence of externals (or anything else) being added to the trunk. Maybe I'm overreacting (as little reacting as I'm doing).
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation