Jeff Shell wrote:
[lots of stuff I don't know much about, so I won't comment on]
Is there any reason why the ``_marker = object() .... get(...,
default=_marker)`` paradigm isn't used?

After encountering this, I am rather uneasy about the number of places
in which I see this "self as default marker check" paradigm. My
biggest unease comes from not knowing proxies and when things are
proxied and when they're not and when I have to be careful about them
and when I don't.

I like the "marker" flavor of the pattern better too, but for a different reason. When I see something in the second argument to the get, I don't know if it's /really/ the default, or if it's just being used as a placeholder so I have to investigate to find out. I prefer the more explicit version.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation