On Thu, 2006-09-11 at 11:13 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> I find myself often having to define pure marker interfaces for each
> class that I define, purely so I can register adapters for objects of
> that class.

I do this frequently when I want to adapt classes I have no control over
(such as in Products.CMFPlone, etc).

Personally I'm a little pragmatic ...
  1) I tend to adapt the classes first
  2) as more flexibility is required, I introduce a new marker interface
and apply it to the previous class
  3) then change the ZCML/adapter mapping to apply to the marker

Since the consumers of the adapters never need to be changed no matter
how the adapters are rigged up, I'm safe.

- Rocky

Rocky Burt
News About The Server (blog) -- http://www.serverzen.net