Christian Theune wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
Christian Theune wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thomas Lotze and I were working on creating a zc.buildout for one of our
internal projects.

The ZCML of our application is loaded using the 'package-includes'
I think this is a bad idea.  I think for serious development,
package-includes is a bad idea.  For our projects, we *never*
use package-includes.

Can we declare package-includes to be bad in general than and abandon it
please? At least tell everyone not to use it if possible?

There are more opinions than just mine. :)

I think package-includes or something like an "egg basket" could be
useful for an application, like plone, that wants to support extension
by non-developers.  But for developers, I think direct zcml includes
is better.

I've been meaning to write up some thoughts on this topic for
some time. Hopefully, I'll find time for it soon. :)

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation