Roy Mathew wrote:
I find that the provider syntax doesn't allow a nocall:
specifier.

nocall: is only works with path expressions.

My intent is to call the update at a separate place from the
render. How else might I achieve this? I can only think of explicitly getting the provider in python code, like so

    vmgr = zope.component.getMultiAdapter(
(self.context, self.request, self), IViewletManager, name='q2d-prov')

and doing the the update and render separately.

Right, except that we usually adapt to IContentProvider (IViewletManager is an implementation detail).

Btw, wrong list. Questions about *using* Zope 3 should go to [EMAIL PROTECTED]