On Dec 6, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Christian Theune wrote:

I noticed that I started using the 'bin/buildout install <partname>'
option a lot to speed up re-building while developing a buildout.

This should work a lot better as of a couple of days ago.

However, in my case buildout installs/updates depending recipes too
which in my case means updating a Zope 3 checkout (this takes a long
time from Europe).

It should only reinstall parts who's configuration has changed.
Without any more specifics, it is hard to make a more specific comment. :)
In particular, I'm not sure what you mean by "depending" above.

Any idea whether it would be reasonable/wise to have a mode that says
"This part only please and I mean it!"?

Perhaps, although we still have to initialize other parts that a part references
so that they can compute data that the referencing part needs.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714