On Dec 7, 2006, at 8:29 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

formlib provides the ability to declare a custom widget class on a
per-form basis.

zc.table's EditColumn doesn't do that, but I'd like it to.

If nobody objects, I'll add a new argument 'custom_widget' to the
constructor of this column and change the widget lookup to pay attention
to this. This is pretty much in sync with what formlib does.

FWIW, FieldColumn is supposed to supersede EditColumn. Since it can take a zope.formlib field, it can use that field's custom_widget. (see fieldcolumn.FieldColumn.getInputWidget)

Gary