Jim Fulton wrote:
We have performance and reliability expectations which come from running
mission-critical applications.  Lots of the rest of the folks interested
in servers don't have those requirements (yet, anyway), and hence aren't
motivated to address them in their externally-maintained server
implmentations.

I find it impossible to believe that others don't have such
mission-critical requirements.

Maybe they hand off the hard bits too Apache?

Could we?

If we find that WSGI is inferior to the Zope 2 server, then I certainly
think that abandoning our various Zope 3 efforts is a reasonable
alternative, although unattractive, since I'm not aware of anyone
actively maintaining the Zope 2 server. I'd much rather
leverage a larger effort.

Does the Zope 2 server need that much work? It seems to do a pretty good job...

What's stopping Zope 3 from using it?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk