After doing stuff with XML-RPC I noticed that errors are never shown in
the console. Exceptions are always shown when HTTP is used though. It's a
tremendous help. Is there some reason why errors should not be displayed
when using XML-RPC?

handleException() in zope/app/publication/ is the
method that handles errors. When looking at the code I see that a
default view is looked up by exception and request. This works for
HTTPRequest objects but fails for XMLRPCRequest objects. When it doesn't
find a view it won't log the exception.

Shouldn't it be logged even if there's no default view for exception and