Martijn Faassen wrote at 2007-1-6 20:34 +0100:
>This kind of automagic unicode error defeating logic scares me.

Andreas decided to switch to Unicode only page templates in
a micro (!) release.
As almost all Zope 2 applications return non-unicode strings
(they almost had to as the page templates usually were non-unicode),
he *MUST* provide some "automatic unicode error defeating logic"
as otherwise most applications would break.