Marius Gedminas wrote:
I have implemented a --list-modules option in a branch.  It causes the
test runner to apply package and module name filters, and then print the
list of Python module names that would be imported.  It is very fast
because it doesn't actually import the modules.  It is not very accurate
because it does not pay attention to test name patterns or layer filtering.

Would this option be useful to anybody?

If its output were identical to the tests that were actually going to be selected, then I think it'd be worth including. OTOH, being "not very accurate" would make the feature as implemented a bit of an attractive nuisance.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer