--On 16. Januar 2007 14:12:46 +0100 Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am replying to the three proposals. First I have to kick the proposal of Tres (UTF-8 storage). We want unicode as internal representation for any kind of ZPT (both text/html and text/xml). Supporting unicode for text/html and utf-8 for text/xml would make code more complicated and lead to further unicode encoding conflicts. We're trying to solve this issue right now and I don't want to introduce a new construction site.

So Martijn's and my proposal remain. They are not very different. In the end the behavior is almost identical. But I will adopt your suggestion to remove the preamble when storing the data internally (basically to avoid a possible encoding ambiguity).