Baiju M wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
 Baiju M wrote:

> Log message for revision 72044: Add zope.app.annotation as a
> top-level package.
>
> Changed: A zope.app.annotation/ A zope.app.annotation/branches/
> A zope.app.annotation/tags/ A zope.app.annotation/trunk/
>
> -=-

 Is it really necessary to create the BBB packages in zope.app
 (annotation, traversing, etc.) as separate eggs? They're gonna go
 away in Zope 3.5 anyway. I think they could be part of the zope.app
 egg in Zope 3.4.

I thought we can create individual eggs instead of a big
zope.app egg for Zope 3.4.

Well, I don't think we have to make every single subpackage its own egg. We should pick our battles and start with those individual eggs that can actually be used w/o Zope 3, e.g. zope.app.container, zope.app.form, etc. I don't think we need to create individual eggs for each package, especially those that will disappear soon anyway because of BBB.

So I started working on eggification of
zope.app.* packages in alphabetical order :)
(zope.app.annotation was the first package)

I suggest we come up with a prioritized list instead of alphabetical.

We can eggify all packages except those in Spring cleanup proposal [1]

Sure, we *can*, but I think it's a lot of work and we don't necessarily have to do all of them. That isn't to say I don't appreciate your work going into this effort, I just think it could be used more effectively ;)

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!