Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Code like this won't be run with python -O (which is what you'd obviously use in production).

obviously... not.

How many people actually do this?

I wonder whether a different approach could be taken. The APIDOC code does already a registration analysis. Maybe we can use the registrations in a away that they simulate the adapter registry. Thus you could provide APIDOC (via the Web UI or Python) with a component or instance and it tells you how it tries to look up the adapter. Clearly that would be much slower, but okay for inspection.

Sounds good. I like the explainAdapter() suggestion.

Me too...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk