Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On 1/21/07, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alan Runyan and Sidnei Da Silva created one of the earliest Zope 3
applications using SQL Objects. I don't remember the name of their
application or what it's status is.  Maybe they'll chime in or you
can ask them.

That was the SIP (Sample Inventory Application). It's available from
here: It gave life to
'sqlos' (, which is a bridge between
Zope 3 and SQLObject. Namely, it provides some custom adapters for
implementing folderish views into a database and coordinates the
SQLObject transaction with the default Transaction Manager in Zope 3.

It actually used the ZODB just to store a root object that was
persistent and implemented a dummy interface, so that we could
register a custom traverser and then delegate to the application from
there. Since the root object was dummy, the ZODB could be easily
thrown away.

Then there is a second one called Snap, which is available from the
cheeseshop ( This one uses
most of the approaches discussed here (abusing the 'db' argument,
registering a custom publisher), except using a different 'main'
script. It also uses zope.paste
( so that the application
could be configured with Paste.

Great stuff. Any chance we could get a main program that uses zope.paste into the Zope 3 core?

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!