Hot on the heels of my multi-adapter problem:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-January/021600.html

...which I'm still waiting for guidance on, I now find that queryAdapter and calling an interface behave unexpectedly differently in the case where an object directly implements an interface:

>>> from zope.interface import Interface,implements
>>> class ITest(Interface): pass
>>> class Test:
...   implements(ITest)
>>> t = Test()
>>> ITest(t)
<__main__.Test instance at 0x01C6E300>
>>> from zope.component import queryAdapter
>>> queryAdapter(t,ITest)

How come calling the interface returns t but queryAdapter returns None?

Should I log this and my previous multi-adapter example as bugs in the collector?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk