Marius Gedminas wrote:
[snip]
Also, I'd like a way to specify the adapter name in the adapter class.
Something like

    from zope.interface import implements
    from zope.component import adapts, named

    class MyNamedAdapter(object):
        adapts(IFoo)
        implements(IBar)
        named('myname')

        def __init__(self, context):
            self.context

Also I'd like to have a zope.component.Adapter class that defines

        def __init__(self, context):
            self.context

and does nothing else.  It seems to me that 95% of all adapters have an
__init__ like this.  It is tiring to keep repeating it.

Also, I want a pony.  Ok, not really.

You can have your pony. In grok, there's a grok.Adapter class, which
does the thing in init, where you can specify the name using grok.name, and which causes registration as an adapter without the need for ZCML.

Regards,

Martijn