Sascha Ottolski wrote:
Hi,

it appears as if the format for the access log is somewhat hardcoded. I see that there exists (at least)

    zope.app.server.accesslog
    zope.app.twisted.accesslog
    zope.app.twisted.log

and

    twisted.web2.log

ouch...

From discussions I found it seems as if the latter would be the place to hack the actual logging format (like suggested in http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2006-January/017771.html).

I'm wondering, is patching twisted really the way to go?

It's a shame that the python logging framework isn't used by either twisted or zope3 from what you're saying :-(

I wonder if they could be made to do so and if the respective communities would welcome that?

Would it be feasible to make the acceslog format be customizable via a zope.conf entry, in a way similar to what possible with apache & co.?

Indeed, it should just be another logger section...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk