Chris,

(wrong list, btw... such posts belong on zope3-users@zope.org)

I'd like to build a UI that allows a user to changing what adapters (views in particular) are assigned to an interface through a web interface.

The sounds like it's going to require runtime assigned and un-assignment of adapters.

Has anyone tried this before?

Well, we do it all the time with persistent, local components (not necessarily with adapters but with utilities). I can't recommend manipulating the global registries at runtime because such changes would be lost after a restart. Volatile registries such as the glboal one are best populated during startup (by ZCML, grok, etc.) and then left alone. Manipulating local, perisstent registries is quite simple (the API is the same, see zope.component.interfaces.IComponents).

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5