On Feb 13, 2007, at 5:11 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Chris,

(wrong list, btw... such posts belong on zope3-users@zope.org)

I'd like to build a UI that allows a user to changing what adapters (views in particular) are assigned to an interface through a web interface. The sounds like it's going to require runtime assigned and un- assignment of adapters.
Has anyone tried this before?

Well, we do it all the time with persistent, local components (not necessarily with adapters but with utilities).

The key is that we haven't done it (recently) with adapters, so this is some virgin territory. I believe I've seen a report of a problem with local adapter registrations but it's been lost in my old email. Hopefully, whoever sent me the mail will chime in or, better yet, submit a collector entry.

I can't recommend manipulating the global registries at runtime because such changes would be lost after a restart. Volatile registries such as the glboal one are best populated during startup (by ZCML, grok, etc.) and then left alone.

Yup.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org